Annex IV to BS/WG/EP/R(2018)1
PLAN OF ACTION
OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Meeting of the BSEC Working Group on Environmental Protection in Istanbul
(28 September, 2018).
- Regularly exchange of information on the new developments in the environmental legislation and the progress towards protecting the environment, respecting the international laws and agreements.
- Development of the specific actions intended to support the implementation of the economic agenda in the BSEC region.
- Initiation of joint projects of regional relevance to be supported by the PDF or other funds including the Black Sea Project Promotion Facility as well as EU and regional financial instruments and programs (consideration during WG Meetings of the Project proposals to be submitted by the BSEC Member States). BSEC PERMIS will continue to explore possibilities for funding of joint projects on the protection of the Black Sea ecosystem.
- Promotion of the active dialogue with other international organizations including with European Commission, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), regional cooperation initiatives and programs in the field of environment.
- Organization of joint Meetings BSEC – BSC (The Commission on the Protection of the Black Sea against Pollution) – ICPDR (International Commission on the Protection of Danube Region) and/or other relevant international marine basin commissions/organizations in order to enhance cooperation with BSEC and exchange of experience and best practices.
- Raising the cooperation (with organization of joint meetings or inviting to the WG annual meetings) with other relevant Working Groups and BSEC Related Bodies.