Annex IV to BS/WG/ICT/R(2018)1
PLAN OF ACTION
OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP
ON INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
1 January 2018 – 31 December 2019
Country-Coordinator: Republic of Armenia
I. GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
The present Action Plan of the Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) sets up the framework of mutually beneficial co-operation in the field of ICT among the BSEC Member States for the period 2018-2019. The Working Group will carry out its activities taking into account the provisions of the BSEC Charter, the Istanbul Summit Declaration on the occasion of the 25th Anniversary of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, the BSEC Economic Agenda, the Resolutions, Decisions and Recommendations adopted by the BSEC Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, decisions of the Ministers in charge for Information and Communication Technologies of the BSEC Member States, the BSEC Public Communication Strategy and its Terms of Reference. Proper attention will be given to the implementation of Goal 12 of the BSEC Economic Agenda “Sustainable information society with advanced Information and Communication Technology infrastructure”, in particular:
- Developing joint projects for improvement and growth of Information and Communication Technologies tools and applications.
- Encouraging joint measures to provide a safer cyber-space in the BSEC region and exchanging experiences and best practices on combating cyber-crime.
- Encouraging connection of the BSEC Region’s telecommunication infrastructure to the Trans-European telecommunications networks.
- Supporting efforts by the BSEC Member States to establish and develop relevant Information and Communication Technologies infrastructure with a view to addressing regional connectivity challenges and promoting viable projects in this sector having regional impact.
- Encouraging cooperation among the BSEC Member States and with the relevant international organizations with regard to developing communication technologies in the postal service and introducing advanced postal processing, modernization and automation of procedures.
- Encouraging establishment of companies in the BSEC Member States with the view to creating high added value and providing complex engineering solutions and services, local IT products competitive in international markets.
- Encouraging the private sector in developing the use of Information and Communications Technologies in the BSEC Member States by promoting investments in new technologies and networking.
- Promoting cooperation among the Information and Communication Technology companies, techno parks and incubators of the BSEC Member States.
- Considering opportunities for the strategic development and interaction of infrastructure networks, either fixed, mobile or satellite in the Black Sea area, in the framework of global telecommunications. The Working Group will endeavor to strengthen the project-oriented dimension of the BSEC Organization as it is foreseen by the BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership and in the document “Way Forward for an Action Plan on the Implementation of the “Economic Agenda: towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership”, using additional financial instruments, including the Project Development Fund and the Project Promotion Facility. In line with provisions of the BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership related to cooperation with international and regional organizations/
institutions, the Working Group will develop its cooperation with other international organizations and institutions. The Working Group will encourage establishing a network among the ICT professionals, incubators and associations of the Member States. The Working Group will continue to encourage and support the training seminars and conferences aimed at exchanging experiences and best practices in the ICT sector among experts of the BSEC Member States, other countries and international organizations.
- The Working Group will endeavor to discuss mutual recognition of electronic signature certificates between BSEC Member States. The Working Group will take into account development perspectives of the Project Trans-Eurasian Information Super Highway (TASIM) as a multilateral ICT project contributing to the overall economic growth and bridging digital divide in the BSEC region.
II. LIST OF ACTIVITIES AND JOINT PROJECTS:
- MINISTERIAL MEETINGS AND HIGH-LEVEL CONFERENCES:
- Meeting of the Ministers in charge of ICT of the BSEC Member States, Baku, 04 December 2018
- MEETINGS OF THE WORKING GROUP:
1st Meeting - 25 April 2018, Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey.
2nd Meeting - 03 December 2018, Baku, the Republic of Azerbaijan.
3rd Meeting - 2019 (TBD)
- RELEVANT EVENTS:
(Seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences)
- The World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), 06-09 October 2019 (TBC)
- International ICT Exhibition
- IT/High-Tech Conference
- JOINT PROJECTS
The Working Group will support the joint projects in the field of ICT that will be elaborated and considered at the meetings of the Working Group during 2018-2019.
- PRIORITIES FOR PDF FUNDING:
In accordance with the decision of the BSEC Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies held in Istanbul on 14-15 November 2011, the priorities of the Working Group for PDF funding are: e-governance, e-education, e-learning and capacity building in the ICT sector. The Working Group will also focus on innovation promotion in ICT.
- COOPERATION WITH OTHER BSEC BODIES:
- a) Other Working Groups:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will cooperate with the Working Group on Science and Technology and the Working Group on Institutional Renewal and Good Governance.
- b) Related Bodies:
BSEC Business Council ICBSS
- COOPERATION WITH BSEC OBSERVERS AND PARTNERS:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will cooperate with BSEC Observer countries and Sectoral Dialogue Partners for the organization of joint events, including seminars and workshops.
- COOPERATION WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will collaborate with international organizations, such as United Nations Development Program (UNDP), World Bank (WB), European Commission, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and other international organizations and institutions.
Ministry of Transport, Communication and Information Technologies of the Republic of Armenia
Contact point: Arman Galstyan, Head of Information Technologies and Informatization Department
Tel: +374(10) 59 00 83