PLAN OF ACTION
OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP
ON COOPERATION IN TOURISM
1 July 2013 – 30 June 2015
I. GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
The present Action Plan in the field of Cooperation on Tourism sets the main guidelines for enhancing mutually beneficial co-operation in the field between the BSEC Member States for the period 2013-2015.
In its work, the Working Group will be guided by the Istanbul Summit Declaration on the occasion of the Twentieth anniversary of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (26 June 2012), provisions of the BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership, resolutions of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, decisions of the Ministers in charge for Tourism of the BSEC Member States, the BSEC Public Communication Strategy and its Terms of Reference.
Proper attention will be given to the implementation of Goal 8 of the BSEC Economic Agenda “Development of Tourism and Protection of Cultural Heritage”, also bearing in mind the priorities included in the said Goal with regard to cultural and other issues and their contribution to tourism promotion:
- Promoting the BSEC Region as one of the leading tourism destinations of the world.
- Further strengthening cooperation of the Member States in the field of tourism, including enhancing dialogue on facilitation of visa procedures.
- Ensuring sustainable tourism development by adopting green growth strategies that will enable economic expansion while preserving natural and cultural heritage.
- Promoting new tourism packages for the BSEC Region.
- Promoting the joint marketing campaign of the BSEC Member States, inter alia, by participating in international tourism exhibitions, fairs and festivals.
- Working out the possibilities of establishing a network among the tourism professionals, travel agencies and associations of the Member States.
- Developing and implementing joint projects and programs in the field of maritime, winter, sports, health, spa and wellness, business tourism.
- Promoting cultural and creative industries and strengthening the role that they play in the cooperation among the BSEC Member States.
- Encouraging Cultural tourism/Cultural routes projects in the Black Sea Region and their implementation.
- Examining the option for creating a web portal of internship possibilities in the BSEC Member States for students and graduates interested to pursue their careers in tourism and hospitality sectors.
The Working Group will endeavor to strengthen the project-oriented dimension of the BSEC Organization as it is foreseen by the “BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership” and in the document the “Way Forward for an Action Plan on the Implementation of the “Economic Agenda: towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership”, using additional financial instruments, including the Project Development Fund.
In line with provisions of the “BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership” related to cooperation with international and regional organizations/ institutions, the Working Group will develop its cooperation with other international organizations, in particular, with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
The Working Group will work out the possibilities of establishing a network among the tourism professionals, travel agencies and associations of the Member States.
The Working Group will continue to encourage and support the training seminars and conferences aimed at exchanging experiences and best practices in the tourism sector among experts of the BSEC Member States, other countries and international organizations.
II. LIST OF ACTIVITIES AND JOINT PROJECTS:
1. MINISTERIAL MEETINGS:
- Meeting of the Ministers in charge of Tourism of the BSEC Member States, Kyiv, 10 October 2013 – Adoption of Declaration of the Ministers in charge of Tourism of the BSEC Member States
2. MEETINGS OF THE WORKING GROUP:
- 1st Meeting - BSEC HQ, Istanbul, 23-24 September 2013
- 2nd Meeting – Yalta, February/March 2014
- 3rd Meeting – BSEC HQ, Istanbul, Autumn 2014
- 4th Meeting - BSEC HQ, Istanbul, Spring 2015
3. RELEVANT EVENTS (seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences):
- International Black Sea Tourism Forum, Yalta, February-March 2014
- 2nd International Black Sea Yacht Festival, 3 July – 25 August 2014
- Conference “Black Sea Cruise”, Odessa, October-November 2014
- 3rd Kyiv International Travel Forum, Kyiv, Autumn 2014
4. JOINT PROJECTS
- Consideration of a possibility to start a Project on Development of Cruise Tourism based on Fast Track Cooperation. Creation of a common cruise product which will unite the Black Sea region ports.
- Design of the Project “Joint initiative to promote a common Black Sea brand”.
- Creation of joint tourist products of:
- health improvement tourism (including spa);
- cultural tourism;
- festival and other active types of tourism.
- Consideration of other projects on Cultural tourism / Cultural routes.
5. PRIORITIES FOR PDF FUNDING:
In accordance with the decision of the Working Group on Cooperation in Tourism (Yalta, 28 February 2013), the priorities of the Working Group for PDF funding will be: new tourist products and routes; research; education and training; marketing and promotion.
6. COOPERATION WITH OTHER BSEC BODIES:
a) Other Working Groups:
- BSEC Working Group on Culture – Consideration of Cultural tourism / Cultural routes projects.
- BSEC Working Group on Transport – Development of Cruise Tourism.
b) Related Bodies:
- BSEC Business Council
7. COOPERATION WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
- Kyiv International Travel Forum, 10-12 October 2013, to be held in cooperation with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).